Monday, April 14, 2014

LENT Photo # 37 'How Long?'




   If you are gathering with folks over Easter for worship, where movement in the space and some time to engage in tactile prayer activities would be a creative and fulfilling opportunity then newsprint, sharpies, a clock, these printouts and some candles could do the trick... The call to love God, reinterpreted by Jesus as, with all our heart, soul, mind and strength means that writing and reflective time thinking are engaging ways o pray and to think about how you can be committed to action for change, way more effectively than someone offering spoken words alone... on this day I am thinking about asylum seekers, people I know who are seriously ill, corruption, missed opportunities, people I'm not sure value what I and others have to offer and the cycle of poverty and disadvantage of people 'not like us' in my own neighbourhood and wider community who remain unseen and not prayed for...

No comments: