Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Music # 4 'All That We Let In' Indigo Girls

Like some comrades I have been enjoying the new Indigo Girls CD this week [with limited edition DVD]. My favourite tracks include 'Fill It Up Again' and 'Perfect World'. Indigo Girls share an honest folk style with drop dead harmonies and just some great deep lyrics evoking all kinds of contemplative moments.

Perfect World
We get to be a ripple in the water
We get to be a rock that's thrown
We get to be a boy on the bridge
Standing over the reservoir

I see the water lapping on the shoreline
Buried forest of a man made lake
Cemeteries are laying underneath it
Your heart like a damn embrace

We're floating we're swimming
And at this moment we are forgetting
What we caused what it takes
The one perfect world when we look the other way

I'm okay if I don't look a little closer
I'm okay I if don't see beyond the shore
I'm okay I don't have to do the killing or
Know what the killing is for

We're talking we're driving
And in this moment we are denying
What we caused what it takes
The one perfect world when we look the other way

One perfect world...when we look the other way

You can see beyond the middle isolation
And the miracle of daybreak doesn't move you anymore
Connect the points and then see the constellations
As the night comes down on the reservoir

We're swimming we're floating
And in this moment we are beholden
To what we've caused to what it takes
The one perfect world
Can we learn to live another way

Perfect world...can we learn to live another way

One...perfect world
Get to be a ripple in the water

No comments: