Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Advent B&W Photo Reflection 19th December 2017


"Diesel & Dust"
   The Oils brilliant worldwide smash album came about because of their intentional trip to the centre of Australia in 1986 and time spent in indigenous communities. The music is campfire rock and the songs are as relevant today as when written. Funny how just when they felt pretty pleased with themselves for the tour's uniqueness they were reminded Slim Dusty had been following those trails for decades. The songs reflect intent and time out, they resonate with the soul of this country and they inspire me to contemplate HUGE issues, spirit and heart... in fact 'The Deadheart.'
   'The Deadheart' is my soundtrack for Christmas Eve this year... Though it doesn't suit my context, I'll listen myself... Why... good news for the poor, food for the hungry, freedom for the oppressed... pretty consistent themes...

No comments: