Sunday, December 17, 2017

Advent B&W Photo Reflection 14th December 2017


"Cinema"
   "Star Wars The Last Jedi" opened at 12 midnight through to 12.20am last Thursday and I'm playing catch up on my reflections since then... As the girls and I sat waiting, I was mindful of other great 'mythical' stories, some of which involve "The Force." I thought about George Lucas preference for starting stories in the middle as with Star Wars Episode IV and with Indiana Jones. The his efforts to combine space, spaghetti westerns, a 'hat tip' to Akira Kurosawa and a 'religion' that wouldn't offend any others. I wondered if in that task he captured none, I wondered what it is I love so much about these stories in their frailty and George's meddling (I for one in enhancing, remastering etc for DVD and Bluray would have left the scene in where the Stormtrooper hist his helmet on the overhead beam and clear images of blundstone boots painted white etc etc... Then suddenly "Lucasfilm Ltd" flashed onscreen and we were transported a Long tome ago in a galaxy far far away... and it was great...

No comments: