Sunday, December 10, 2017

Advent B&W Photo Reflection 10th December 2017


   Today I scarcely have a few minutes to stop and think apart from my preparations for a big day tomorrow!! In a way it reminds me of standing in Times Square Manhattan on a Friday or Saturday night in warm weather (as we did at the end of September). Bustling isn't a strong enough word and the crowd is a just a sea of multi-cultural wonder!!
   If you're walking you just need to keep moving, if you've stopped you need a spot to sit and escape the mayhem. I love the schmaltz, the neon and LED advertising and signs. It's one of my favourite places in the world... but it's busy!!
   This Advent as we ponder the madness of recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel pre-emptively, I am reminded of the visible signs in Times Square of tension and fear... the helmeted special Police Squad carrying heavy weapons and the concrete blocks on corners regulating foot and vehicular traffic in such a busy place.
   Standing here was exhilerating and had been a long wait... still we wait...

No comments: