Monday, June 04, 2012

30 DAY SONG CHALLENGE: DAY SIXTEEN A song I used to love but hate?



   There's probably no such thing as 'used to love but now hate' for me, although there probably have been a few songs cruelled by too much air play, too close an association with a relationship or when it was co-opted by a tv advert [poor Alex Lloyd and the New Radicals]...
   On the other hand this song perhaps comes closest in the sense that we all thought ELO 'The Electric Light Orchestra' were just brilliant!! and for me at least the music hasn't aged well... It's a curiosity but not a great listen! At the time we had not heard anything like this before and their songs were all big for singalongs!! I do wish I'd seen them live when they toured their big stage show...
This is the stuff of High School enthusiasm and marks the era of infatuations, unrequited love and teenage angst!! I was in Year 9 when this song came out!!

No comments: