Wednesday, June 20, 2012

30 DAY SONG CHALLENGE: DAY 29 A song from my childhood? "Let It Be" The Beatles



Gotta have this band in any list of thirty songs I think. In truth we are talking early 1970s and the dominant Band of that any many years since... was it the invention of the passenger jet airliner that allowed them to be the big supergroup? e.g. ability to jump on a plane and head to the US [and beyond]quickly...
These songs were on TV, radio...on vinyl LPs and 45s and so on. I chose it because I recall watching 'The Beatles' cartoon in childhood [Saturday mornings I think] where they got into all kinds of adventures and played songs in each episode, had great accents, peppy cartoon selves and it was fun to watch... This clip has a sense of tension about it, with Yoko on the scene, scruffy and tired looking players and hints of little or no collaboration on these tracks?

No comments: