Friday, June 15, 2012

30 DAY SONG CHALLENGE DAY 24: A song you'd play at your Funeral? 'Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness'


Not only would I not actually play this at my Funeral because I'd be dead, but also because try as I have [a little bit] I cannot play a musical instrument [nothing beyond Year 7 Recorder or paper and comb anyhow] BUT I love music so much that I marvel at and revel in great creativity...
Yes there are Oils and U2 tracks for part of the service, but at an appropriate reflective time or for the walking out I would include this piece of music demo'd in this file by Billy Corgan. Sarah McLachlan would also get a look in somewhere or 'Sound of White' by Missy Higgins.
I'm caught up now so later I will post a song that make me laugh...

Try as I might I have yet to include a few bands in my 30 Days or at least not enough of them:

ZZ Top
Mary Chapin Carpenter
The Indigo Girls
Sleepy Jackson
Elton John
Alice Cooper
10,000 Maniacs
The Dugites
John Butler
Crowded House and so it goes on...

No comments: