Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Chaperone Dad" in 2012

When 'Hamish & Andy' met Taylor Swift on their 'Gap Year' TV show a couple of weeks ago they encouraged her to write a song on the spot, about those Dad's who accompany their daughters to Taylor's concerts... a huge number of them given Swift's fanbase... and I laughed knowing that I had promised Lucy I'd take her the next time Taylor Swift toured here in Oz...

That's be March next year and we're doing what we've done for years and ignored whether a Newcastle gig will be added later [at the local tin shed called an Entertainment Centre, which even cruelled an 'Oils' show and sent Silverchair into fits with the echo and muddy sound... but I'll save that for a rant another day] and signed up for Acer Arena in Sydney on March 9th!!

I wonder how many more boys will have cruched her heart by then... by all reports we're talking five guitars/ukele and piano, nine different dresses and various stages across the venue to bring her closer to the fans!!

Dad's first live concert with daughter Lucy [who is now 10]!! If you don't count the Wiggles!! I suspect Ellie will be more a Pearl Jam fan!!

No comments: