Friday, May 20, 2011

'Judgement Day' May 21st begins 'the rapture'


Harold Camping of the Family Radio Christian broadcasting radio network is having a second stab at predicting the end of the world on October 21st with 'judgement' beginning on May 21st!! This has created a media frenzy in an otherwise pretty antagonistic context here in Oz... the twitter-verse and media outlets are filled with talk of 'what you'd do if it was the last day tomorrow... fascinating... read more here from the source of all wisdom wikipedia!!
I would love to have the clarity and motivation to write something meaningful about this but there are plenty of those reflections around too and I'm too weary today... I hope that doesn't count against me!!

For now I'd be disappointed 'if the world ended tomorrow' even though if you read carefully it's October 21 we need to watch out for... that'll be tricky for me as I'll be mid air on the way to the Rugby World Cup play off and Final that day... whoops!!

I'll be annoyed because:
- I have tix to see 'Hairspray
- The NSW Waratahs have yet to win a 'Super' title
- 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2' finale film in July
- My 'Sydney List' is incomplete
- I turn 50 this year

- Oh and I am yet to fully 'be the change I want to see in the world' or to do enough for those who live at our edges!!

No comments: