Thursday, October 12, 2017

Midnight Oil 'Song a Day' #37 "Wedding Cake Island"


Thanks youtuber wilson mcphert

  Not only is this on rotation for the daily surf report on ABC Radio Newcastle BUT it's just a great piece of instrumental music [but is it?] Even suitable for weddings, say EXIT music...
   That connection with the island visible offshore at Coogee, Selina's music venue and all things Aussie beach. 'The Break' side project after PG left the Oils showed the boys connection with surf rock and instrumentals... I loved hearing them play this at Queens Wharf New and especially at Bluesfest!! I'll never forget the first time I felt really old when I heard this on the 'musak' at my local supermarket!

"Wedding Cake Island"
“There's lines of swell down at Byron Pass mate”



No comments: