Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Midnight Oil 'Song a Day' #36 "Cemetery in My Mind"


Change of tack but same reflection on the grind of daily life in this inhospitable continent we seem to be still trying to tame, at least around the coast... A newer track from 'Redneck' that showed the Oils capacity to still craft a memorable tune!! That's to say nothing of this Tropfest film makers mind mend in this clip featuring the Oils in and around Sydney in various guises...

Something different for the list...

"Cemetery in My Mind"
Locked in the mall in a state of fright
Looking for salvation in a car headlight
But you can't have what you can't buy
Tomorrow is better than yesterday,
Tomorrow is better than today,
Tomorrow is better than yesterday they say
Cemetery in my mind
Cemetery in my mind
This must be my time
Wake work drink sleep retire
Tide comes up way too high
You can fall but can you rise
Cemetery in my mind,
You can fall but can you rise
There's no pulse no sign of life,
Cemetery in my mind.

No comments: