Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wonderful Farewell Gift




   I've had a photo of Bar Beach, Newcastle in a frame on my desk at the Youth Unit in Sydney. It's been a reminder of one of my favourite places in the world in both good times and bad. At the same time I had talked of my hope to one day have a picture of Sydney Harbour that would remind me of my twelve years in the UCA Synod Youth Unit. The Harbour has always been and will continue to be a favourite spot to spend time. Whether walking there, thinking creatively along the way, heading to the Dendy or a late night meal at City Extra... I'll continue to be found there... just a bit less often!!
   I'm staggered, humbled and very grateful to everyone responsible for a stunning Ken Duncan framed photo I was given as my farewell gift!! In all honesty I'm glad it wasn't a book or another shelf filler but I was surprised to see my dream suggestion taken up... thanks all!!
   Imagine a white spacer and black wooden frame... I'm an urban dweller who considers a walk along the beach to be a stroll along the 2m wide concrete walkway above the sand. In Sydney [especially in spring/summer] I enjoyed the dusk walk to Circular Quay and the whole area pictured... to think, to compose talks, to reflect on meetings, listening and what we were doing... there's no place quite like it...
 

No comments: