Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Ten TV Shows for 2011


Now this is a challenge... essentially TV this year has just been a series of low lights but I'll give it a stab
1. 'Gruen Transfer/Nation'
2. 'The Slap' but it was on 30-60mins too early
2. 'Spicks n Specks' great entertainment as ever
3. 'Rock Wiz' for lazy Saturday nights, actually scored a five this year once
4. 'The Mentalist' patchy but entertaining
5. 'The Good Wife' even better off the internet in the right weeks
6. 'Big Bang Theory' current season
7. 'How I Met Your Mother' could almost be a must see and is nearly great
8. 'House' was better but still not great
9. '7pm Project' but suffered from George Negus failure
10. 'The Late Show with David Letterman' late night staple
      just to see how stale Dave can get despite some great guests
Q&A. 'The Inbetweeners' and Major League Baseball are just outside the Top Ten for me...
All in all it was a terrible year for TV... and what's with all the late night NZ shows?
I can't bring myself to add NCIS [both coasts] or CSI as they get watched when I can't be bothered changing the channel. Gibbs is OK I guess!!

No comments: