Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Top TEN and Movies I've Seen During 2013


The great thing about such lists is people will agree/disagree and that's not the point, it's my list...

1. 'About Time' loved it's premise and Richard Curtis' ability to make people 'real'
2. 'The Sapphires' Brilliant aussie storytelling
3. 'Man of Steel' interesting characters and retelling
4. 'Identity Thief' genuinely funny
5. 'Iron Man 3' great mix of comedy, make believe & human faults
6. 'The Wolverine' compelling story
7. 'Despicable Me 2' entertaining and sharp humour
8. 'The Great Gatsby' grand scale storytelling with Baz' fair for the peculiar
9. 'The Worlds End' clever fun
10. 'Elysium' layered tale of difference, choice & power

And the others I've seen so far...
A Good Day to Diehard
Escape from Planet Earth
The Croods
Star Trek Into Darkness
EPIC
The Hangover III
This is the End
The Lone Ranger
Smurfs 2
Kick Ass 2
The Internship
Red 2
Lovelace
Gravity
Jobs
42

Oh and I forgot to add that I didn't see nearly enough of these films at the cinema, I haven't seen 'Blue Jasmine' yet but will and I can't believe how many films I'll be trying to catch in the next 3 weeks!!
We are also awaiting the detailed list of films for the Sydney Openair Cinema outdoors at Mrs Macq's Chair on the screen in the water with the Bridge & Opera House as backdrop!!

No comments: