Monday, December 23, 2013

Advent Photo #23 Last

'Last'
   For something to last it has to have value. to the hearer, the owner, recipient or finder. I have a terrific memory for trivial details and lots of information about  a relatively nuanced set of information. It's the WHO magazine principle. In truth it comes from habitual newspaper reading, TV and radio news and skimming all sorts of stories, snippets and half bits of info... Imagine if I had really studied history or journalism or... it might have lasted.
   People want me on their Trivia team until the questions don't touch my specialities, I frustrate listeners with misrepresented famous quotes and movie scenes [they forget I'm trying to retain 1000s, not just their favs.
   But really this picture is about the power of a good story and it's ability to last,

No comments: