Sunday, December 22, 2013

Advent Photo #22 Creativity

'Creativity'
   Not all my creativity works but I try to do my work creatively. This was a 'station' designed as part of an Easter Walk in Scone last Good Friday. This 'station' was about Waiting and features luggage, a bench, some photos and a guide on the stick and a box of short written passages to walk with on the journey.
   Rather than just a walk and re-hearing of the Easter narrative in silence the idea was to circle the park, writing, praying, hearing music, being confronted by eyewitness styled reports. As parts of each station were being delivered and were all late I didn't have the time I would have liked to go back around once and reorganise the elements [if I had I would have bunched them all closer together] but people seemed to appreciate the space, the meaning making and the creativity.
   As an example I would have moved the luggage to right next to the stick [also the art] and then moved the bench to create an L shape and sat on the bench for the welcome and introductions. Rah's artworks added a curious thematic focus for most people and the big screen old school TV on the grass kept people wondering. Dave Andrews sandals and 'shoe story' worked best for me in entering into this story.

No comments: