Sunday, May 27, 2012

30 DAY SONG CHALLENGE: DAY SEVEN A song that reminds you of a certain event


It's taken me all day to narrow down that 'certain event' but it has to be U2's 'Lovetown' concert at Sydney Entertainment Centre on the second leg of that tour as they returned to Sydney coming back through.
This is an album I waited for while living in Hornsby in Sydney where I used to visit the little local independent CD shop in the old Westfield every day and was sliding under the roller door the day he finally yelled out that he had it and he'd unpacked it especially so I could stop hassling him!!I'm talking "Rattle and Hum" but of course U2 gave up before the southern tour and came back 12-18 months later as the 'When Love Comes to Town Tour.'
I had seen 'Rattle & Hum' the doco film in a marathon allnighter at Hornsby Pictures and had listened to then listened to this CD until I wore it out. This was a band at the peak of it's powers and a concert with a palpable sense of God walking through the room as they held the audience in the palm of their hands!! BB King what a legend...

No comments: