Sunday, June 12, 2011

'Unfiltered Youth Ministry' Weekend Workshop

Had a great weekend in Canberra listening to and talking with Andrew Root from the US (who is fully aware of his surname in an Aussie context) with a bunch of energetic Youth Workers from various backgrounds. Andrew writes and advocates for stuff that takes me back to my beginnings and reinforces the reasons I'm a Youth Worker and what I try to focus on in stories, place sharing and relationship building for it's own sake!! It was great to be affirmed while tired from the struggle with those who see it so differently!!
More in coming days BUT it was a great time at a time when I am otherwise struggling with and wrestling with my own future and broader contexts for ministry and mission wher I would remain an advocate for those on the edges and whose voices are not heard...

No comments: