Friday, February 06, 2009

"We Believe" Affirmations


"We Believe" is the working title for my latest bit of inspired madness!! A number of recent experiences, reminders and ideas have inspired me to work on a photographic and written artspace project that will be handy at a few events I'll be part of in coming months.

The 'Rebuilding Afghanistan' photo display, our 'Affirmations' Station activity at NCYC09, Trinity Wall St 'Our Neighbours' pics, how I might get 'Salt [Factory]' rolling and a need to actually achieve something in Mark Hillis' "Next Gen's" project have all come together in an idea I think can be done reasonably simply.

"Affirmation" by Savage Garden was a catchy pop tune with a long series of "I believe...." statements which has inspired a number of groups and events to use it's lyrics to encourage young people to either write their own, or contribute to a group, 'affirmation'> belief statement> creed!

My plan is to invite a bunch of young people to write an affirmation> belief statement> reflection> or creed AND I'll take their photo and curate a space and a display for worship, reflection or as part of a bigger event!!

So look out....

No comments: