Tuesday, February 17, 2009

OK, U bear with us for 2 weeks

Here are a few links related to an Irish rock band you may hear something about in the next week or so... there's a Conference in the New York talking about their music here and no, despite it's location I won't be there!

AND one of the key presenters Nick McCormick gives a blog review of their upcoming album here and I agree with the reader comment about the quotable quote of the article "I can tell you what Bono thinks because he as been texting me!"

I'll try to come back and add any relevant links to this post and you can skip over it if you wish!!
I really don't care, I get that:
*music appeals or not to different tastes...
*going along with the tag 'biggest band in the world' carries a pretentious self importance
*A millionaire rock star banging on about world poverty when his own bands finances are
invested in tax havens is more than disappointing
*once you know there's a new album you'll check it for yourselves
*some people really don't care
*Even I am over outdoor stadium shows and thought the last U2 tour was underwheliming at Homebush in the sense of the sound, a little bit the rain but much more that the stage was too low and meant standing in the crowd caused sightline problems and was an atmosphere killer [with due deference to all my elipse attending mates!!]

No comments: