Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bitter Sweet Super 14 Rugby Kick Off


Weekends have suddenly become busier [and Replay Tuesdays] with the return of Super 14 Rugby between the provinces in Oz, South Africa and New Zealand!! I have my three sets of tix for the Waratahs v Reds, Crusaders and Force spread across the season and I look forward to some entertaining footy between now and late May!!
Bitter sweet because I always enjoyed watching TV footy a little bit more when I played and it reminds me [still] how much I miss it after rupturing both patella [kneecap] tendons in 2003!!
I've blogged about this before and you'd think that after 20+ seasons that'd do... and sometimes it is OK... but I miss the team culture, the challenge, actually having some success and running around, belting people and pushing myself to contribute in a game week by week!!
I have given up coaching for a couple of seasons to allow others a chance and to spend time with the girls [looking to go back next year when Ellie hits School]!!
I did of course read of the World Golden Oldies in Sydney next year for Over 35s... it's an amazing culture!! I could just pass the ball or dog a tackle if I was worried!! Hmmmm!!

But seriously, for my annual season preview... keep your eyes on an injury free Kurtley Beale [NSW Waratahs 5/8th] only 2 years out of school and finally not being told to bulk up but rather rediscovering a reasonable fitness without losing your natural skills...
I've blogged before thet footy amtes who coached juniors had seen him playing for St Josephs in Sydney when they had been down to see former team members turn out down there!!
Hopefully his knee and ankle repairs 'take' and we see his best for the Wallabies later this year!!

No comments: