Thursday, January 24, 2008

Girls Day Out with Dad


It was one of those rare days where the girls were happy to spend time with Dad while Mum went shopping!! I didn't even have to label it MYSTERY DAY!!
Lucy and Ellie are very much 'mum's girls' and despite my keenness to spend time they are often skeptical about a 'day out' UNTIL I was listening to Andrew Fuller on the ABC talking about ways divorced Dad's can keep connection with their kids. He spoke about a 'Mystery Day' where you take them to do a day of stuff YOU love to do... and they'll never forget it!
I adapted this to my needs for a half day here and there and chose activities the GIRLS love to do. We have been to the play centre and lunch, Stockton Ferry, the Lolly Shop, a drive around the Hunter after last years minor flooding etc etc.
The girls love the mystery angle and we even made it out the other afternoon in the cool breeze with the promise of a Stockton Ferry ride and a trip to the Park. Unfortunately it rained while we were out and got too cold so we settled for watching some ocean going yachts at the harbour finish line as they downed spinnaker and headed for a lager or two.
Yesterday didn't require the mystery tag! I must have been on holidays enough to endear myself [6 weeks] so we headed out to 'Smartypants' in Darby St, lunch at Chaddies, and running after my two remote control trucks on some neighbourhood netball courts!! Sorry there weren't more photos but I was busy 'being there' let alone snapping the occasion!!

No comments: