Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Vale Dolores O'Riordan "Ordinary Day"



   This is from Dolores solo album work and the song "Ordinary Day" is the one I heard on radio to put me on to this record. Such a wonderful voice and crafting of songs and such energy fronting her band "The Cranberries"... 46 year olds I've never met die every day, some of them were no doubt reportedly ill within the last 12 months and some of them have talents that become known and shared worldwide and make an impact on our lives and so here's one such person I've heard about again today!! That gives me pause for thought, to be thankful for the gift of songs that examine life and expand my own reflections and for the influence of Irish culture, sound and world view. Dolores O'Riordan had a powerful lilting voice and she used it so beautifully...

Ordinary Day
This is just an ordinary day
Wipe the insecurities away
I can see that the darkness will erode
Looking out the corner of my eye
I can see that the sunshine will explode
Far across the desert in the sky
Beautiful girl
Won't you be my inspiration?
Beautiful girl
Don't you throw your love around
What in the world, what in the world
Could ever come between us?
Beautiful girl, beautiful girl
I'll never let you down
Won't let you down
This is the beginning of your day
Life is more intricate than it seems
Always be yourself along the way
Living through…

No comments: