Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Second Annual "Deadpool" win since it's inception...

I won and return to one list for 2018, stay tuned I guess!!

Here's the main part of my email to the competitors...

"I hesitate to call it an ‘honour’ to back up and win a second time!!
For something that started out of boredom at the SCG this ‘competition’ certainly has longevity (like Jaques Kallis’ innings on that day)
While it could be seen as quite ghoulish there’s a place in our lives sometimes for a touch of black humour or an ability to laugh and relieve the tension in otherwise stressful situations…
That said is it a worry that occasionally I’m less concerned at the death of a world famous celebrity than the fact they weren’t on my list?

... Advice, one word, “research”… I’ll share my googling tips in conversation but it also helps to be a pop culture critic/writer and to sign up for a celebrity demise email to ensure you don’t miss any significant departure!!! I also took Greg’s challenge up when we adjusted the Pool to include points for under 100 and my list always features a few speculative or at least younger guesses, just in case!! So don’t worry, I take it way too seriously for about a week each year...

2018 entry almost prepared, I’ll see some of you Day Two!!!

Lastly, I do intend to donate the proceeds to charity… either the McGrath Foundation or possibly "Love Your Sister” as Connie Johnson is one big reason for 178 points all up...

No comments: