Friday, November 25, 2011

News on the Vocation Front

Well, it's November...
And I can now share that for the next three years I will be taking up the role of 'Youth Ministry Development Worker' in the Uniting Church Hunter Presbytery [region]!! I'm really looking forward to the role of mentor, teacher, resource person in some great team situations...


I've been focused on NSW/ACT and travelling to a Sydney base for twelve years... I am not going to finish my 'bucketlist' but I'll get close and I'll leave what has been a trying situation for the last 2-3 years [not just the last 12 months] with a 'Closing Time' celebration on 3rd December!! Probably if I visit IMAX next week and have lunch in Surry Hills, return to the Powerhouse Museum at the start of the school holidays then 'see a play' will be left... I missed tix to see Kevin Spacey does Shakespeare and Cate Blanchett earlier in the year...


I look forward to exploring 'capacity building' with faith communities, sustainable discipleship and leadership amongst youth & young adults and mentoring and resourcing great volunteers and others who are already doing what they can to engage in God's activity in the world where they live... and a few other things along the way!!


I am not enjoying looking for a used car... techniques and personality types have not changed in over a decade... having no trade in helps!!



1 comment:

spirit2go team said...

congrats. will you be moving city?

steve
www.emergentkiwi.org.nz