Thursday, September 15, 2011

Where I'd Rather Be...

I read three things this morning that made me ponder...
Where would I rather be?
It's been a long week, well two weeks actually, well four weeks...
And I'm not quite at the point where I can stop...BUT...
I'd rather be in:
1. New York City
Exploring more of the other four boroughs....
Brooklyn to begin with as well as catching 'Spiderman' the musical
2. New Zealand for the whole Rugby World Cup
Mind you somewhere actually warm would be better
I guess I'll settle for the week of the Final in Auckland and actually going to the game
3. Doing Laps of Lambton Pool or Homebush or the Cook+Phillip
Woke up after Mondays session at the Cook+Phillip Pool with a terrible throat so that's it for a week
4. Getting Acupuncture on my Sore Foot
It's getting better but not fast enough
5. Taking Photos around Newcastle for my latest Project
I have started and the weather today is magnificent
Maybe I'll take the camera when I go the Chiropractor
It's all manner of therapies here...
6. At the Movies
A couple of new films start today so there'd be something I haven't seen that I'd like to...
Jonny English could be great or could disappoint, next on my list though is 'The Guard'
7. At Bills 2 in Crown St for Breakfast
Mmmm corn fritters and honeycomb pancakes
8. Reading a book
Oh to have the time to stop
9. At the First Assembly for Sydney Alliance at the Town Hall tonight
One of the things this last two years has cost me is the energy and opportunity to fully participate in the community development made possible by the Alliance... I just feel I'm in a dead end with no idea where to next and so while I'd enjoy the interactions and be motivated to contribute I have no idea where it'd be heading... so I just have to wait...
Fortunately I don't need an organisation to teach me what I've done for years in terms of 'relational meetings,' deep listening and mission...
10. Driving to Sydney to see a Play at Bevoir St
Or Sydney Theatre Company
11. At a 'Midnight Oil' gig
Time machine required... Back to Selina's at Coogee!!
Packed in like sardines... too hot really, and the Oils working flat chat through 10,9,8...
And Diesel and Dust

No comments: