Sunday, August 16, 2009

Clear your Diary next March for U2 Downunder!!


I'm breaking my 'no U2' site embargo with news leaked through an interview about what U2 hope to do with the three stages 'claws' they're using to frog-jump the world on their current 360 Tour!! Check out all things U2 here
Send your park location suggestions to the lucky dog "Rev Dr Steve Taylor' [who is presenting a paper at the upcoming 'Hype and Feedback' Conference in the US in October] here

At one of my favourite U2 sites http://www.atu2.com/ and various others like deTour and Interference there are references to the Mark Fisher interview about their hope that the stages could be installed in Parks somewhere 'downunder' as concert venues in their own right... read about it here or at:
There's lots of stuff around about more recording of tracks that missed the last 2 albums and a new record at or beyond year end.... AND as pictured above the band have just played to a Wembley Stadium record 88,000 crowd this week in London.... what a shame Nic will just miss the chance to head to Millenium Stadium Cardiff on the Greenbelt Trip!!
OK.... back to the silence pending official emails and my special U2 advance ticket offer email!!

2 comments:

buckley said...

yeah, i'm shattered that U2 won't be able to put more of my hard earned money into off shore tax dodging accounts...

Nic :-)

Book Crasher said...

Ahhh, the tax dodge half story.... have you read about Ireland's formerly low or free tax system which was changed for no particular reason to slug creative artists and musicians at a high rate after the previous system being the historical appraoch to this income... if it were me I'd have re-arranged my affairs too, like lots of English bands, actors etc
And in the words of the inimitable Kerry Packer "of course I arrange my business to minimise my tax, you lot aren;t doing so well that I want to give you extra money for no reason!"

Cheers