Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Greenbelt.UK.US Emerging Church Photos




I'm back from the trip to the UK and US exploring 'emerging' churches and Greenbelt Festival. It has been a week of recovering from jetlag, chest infection and interupted sleep BUT I'm getting there.

It's going to take me a while to wind through my journal and post some insights and photos so I thought I'd promote the Flickr links here so interested photofiles can check out the trip... I am yet to add my 1min videos!

Flickr photo sharing site:


There will be others on the Tour with photos on flickr, blogs etc and some may be added here for a full record of the Tour
Other Official and contributed Greenbelt Flickr pics here

New York here
http://flickr.com/photos/youthunit/sets/72157607308703272/

I visited some missional faith communities and initiatives


Origins which has just this week changed it's name to Trinity Grace Church and expanded its network to four centres

Trinity Wall St 'Portraits of Our Neighbours' Life sized photos

WTC Tribute Center 'Ground Zero' and Walking Tour here
http://flickr.com/photos/youthunit/sets/72157607313474991/

I'd like to think, rather than gawking at this amazing site like a tourist and certainly with no idealised view of the USA and its world perspective, my storytelling interest [and previous visits to this site when the WTCs were standing] compelled me to come and experience the stories from families directly effected by 9/11 through the Tribute Centre Gallery and Walking Tour. Much more on this later...

No comments: