Saturday, October 10, 2015

Going Off Early with Movies 2015



I know it's been a long year for me so far... very busy... so busy my movie viewing took a huge dive, especially at the cinema!! Here's the films I enjoyed this year from a list of about 15+ only, which is about half my average at best... I think it also speaks to the paucity of good films... I have yet to see Pixels, Oddball, Pan or the Martian so I will up mu figures in the next three weeks. I did finally see al of 'Charlie's Country' which is an important story and so simply and well told...

In no particular order'Selma' tough going but important to know the story
'Kingsman: The Secret Service' weirdly entertaining
'The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' I put this off for ages and wasn't disappointed
'The Avengers: Age of Ultron' well I won't stop seeing them but they have to get some edge
'Spy' good for a laugh
'Mad Max: Fury Road' not for everyone and clunky in parts but I watched it twice
'Pitch Perfect 2' redeemed only by the final performance
'Inside Out' it was great and is a good film for any kids
'While We’re Young' It could have been such  good film and I see what they tried but didn't quite do
'Boy Choir'  still trying to work out why I liked it but it made me angry at the same time
'Terminator Genysis' mixture of the good and the bad
'Ant Man' why did this film get made again?
'Mission Impossible Rogue Nation' As good and as schlocky as ever

'The Man From Uncle' loved it though it did spend a whole film setting up 2-3 more films
I can now add 'The Martian' which I felt I shouldn't like but really did

There might be something really good that I missed but I suspect the top two in my list will end up being seen in coming weeks/months 'Hunger Games: Mockingly Pt2' and 'Star Wars VII: Force Awakens'

No comments: