Sunday, April 05, 2015

Easter Sunday Reflections #1

 
Not quite ready yet?
Too early Sunday morning to break out the Easter Eggs?

   How can you articulate the absurd claim, made nonetheless. The claim that the rumoured revolutionary, the troublemaker, the one living and teaching the remarkable idea that God is accessible and God's rule and reign is here and now, is not dead, but is alive!! This however is our story!! How could that possibly be shown? How could this be offered for others to explore?
We are called to participate through communities claiming the resurrection as their story... and that inevitably means the wide variety of stories, emotions, experiences, mindsets and just plain being, that a big group of people bring...
   As much as the cross is given prominence, our story is about something bigger... something life giving and able to sustain any of us through the crap that life tosses up!!
This is our hope... the stuff we hold onto despite the evidence, despite hopes dashed, and despite the disappointments... many won't be ready for commemoration, re-membering...
   So in the challenge of curating worship or reflection I agree with Mark Pierson that it's about "providing a context rather than content." 
 
"The context being an environment in which heart, soul, mind, and strength have opportunity to respond to God. This is not to deny content (although the gospel is primarily about a relationship rather than propositions), but to emphasise that the content can be understood in a variety of ways according to the context it’s placed in."

   This Easter I'm thinking of friends suffering unspeakable loss, I'm thinking of health check ups in 6 months time... hopefully continued good news, I'm thinking of so many people in the world who miss out, who suffer and whose life is a result of my consumerism... there are bigger stories than mine!
   I'm thinking of people nowhere near resurrection and how that's ok, that just is and how I can be on that path with people... am on that path with people, if only I choose to be aware...



"Miracles" Coldplay
From up above I heard
The angels sing to me these words
And sometimes, in your eyes
I see the beauty in the world

[Chorus]
Oh, now I'm floating so high
I blossom and die
Send your storm and your lightning to strike
Right between the eyes

Sometimes the stars decide
To reflect in petals in the dirt
When I look in your eyes
I forget all about what hurts

[Chorus]
Oh, now I'm floating so high
I blossom and die
Send your storm and your lightning to strike
Right between the eyes
And cry

Believe in miracles
Miracles
Oh hey, I'm floating up above the world now

Oh hey, I'm floating up above the world now

No comments: