Friday, February 28, 2014

Getting Ready for Lent One 9th March at Scone

"Alienation" Silvia Carpizo



They blocked my lyrics version but,
This most likely won't be the song I choose to use in Scone,
But this...
will be... with lyrics only onscreen...



"Bad" by U2 but performed by LUKA BLOOM
If you twist and turn away If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would If I could, I would Let it go
Surrender Dislocate

If I could throw this Lifeless lifeline to the wind
Leave this heart of clay See you walk, walk away
Into the night And through the rain
Into the half-light And through the flame

If I could through myself Set your spirit free
I'd lead your heart away See you break, break away
Into the light And to the day

To let it go And so to fade away
To let it go And so fade away

I'm wide awake I'm wide awake Wide awake
I'm not sleeping Oh, no, no, no

If you should ask then maybe they'd Tell you what I would say
True colors fly in blue and black Bruised silken sky and burning flag
Colors crash, collide in blood shot eyes

If I could, you know I would If I could, I would
Let it go...

This desperation Dislocation Separation Condemnation
Revelation In temptation Isolation
Desolation Let it go

And so fade away To let it go…

I'm wide awake I'm wide awake Wide awake
I'm not sleeping Oh, no, no, no

   I'm taking a thought from Walter Brueggemann about alienation and reconciliation, from Sarah Dylan Brauer about what the 'temptation' story is not about and as ever inspired by Bill Loader's focus on broader questions beyond the patronising western preoccupation reducing stuff to personal morality. Personal morality is important but it's so often not the focus of 'the story.'

Instead, this is a story about alienation from God, felt, experienced, questioning isolation that calls us to reflection and action to 'get involved' in God's mission where it emerges, mostly on the edges of who we are as community...

Anyhow, I'm now trying not to cheapen that through some crafty but irrelevant symbol... instead making a space for people to really engage... makes me tired just thinking about it...

Black, grey, leaves, charcoal, white pencils... cloth, images... hmmnn...
Will let that sit for a day or two

Taking time to gather, write, pray... "Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness" by Smashing Pumpkins as a timing soundtrack... 

OR NOT, and I'll be thinking, if only this was an installation in a deserted shopfront in Hunter St Newcastle or...


No comments: