Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Australian Olympic Uniforms 2012



   Who cares really, but in about 4 days I will be consumed by the endeavours of the athletes at the London Olympics... I love sport!!

   I will have chuckled at the naysayers and about the event being 4,000 security staff short, the rain etc. I will be exasperated by the Nine Network commentators and the aussie obsession with swimming. I will be driven crazy by the advertising and be grateful for t-box and Foxtel IQ so I can record and fast fwd footage...

   But with this many days to go it's time to talk Oz uniforms [although I know UK friends will be obsessing over beating Oz to the Top 5 in the medal tally and we will be sick of hearing about PBs]. Adidas and others have the gig... and this time athletes got a say...

   I like the official uniform and don't mind that they look like lawn bowlers... it's a classic old style with name lined faded green blazers and off white clothes... the Dunlop volleys are great!! the casual polos could have actually benefitted from the three greem stripes on the plain canary yellow shirts but otherwise the traditional colours are good!!
Now comes the Opening Ceremony but watch out for athletes 'on the juice' and 'The Spice Girls' et al in the Closing Ceremony!!

No comments: