Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Bluesfest" Easter Weekend

I'm off to "Bluesfest" this Easter [with Naomi and Jerri at this stage but who knows what other last minuters] which will be quite different but is exciting!! Basically it's a continuation of my desire to be engaged in my context and the 'missio dei' by letting 'Bluesfest' organise my Easter so I and others can reflect on the story 'in the marketplace of ideas' and genuinely ask ourselves 'what is the good news?' or how does it make sense in that place and for these people!!
I look forward to learning that I'm asking the wrong questions or being surprised or whatever really!! But I will say that if my life and faith don't make sense at 'Bluesfest', then they don't make sense anywhere.
I find music inspiring, transcendent and transformative... just plain fun and am really looking forward to the big names and the small names on the list. There will also be [3] episodes of Rockwiz over the weekend on their national tour. I'm interested in the sense of community, age range and how they stretch the definition of 'Blues and Roots' to build crowd for this event.
I look forward to comparing and contrasting my experience of 'Greenbelt' in 2008 with this coming weekend!!
It's just a bonus that I'll catch 'Crowded House', 'The Fray', 'The Break','Jeff Beck' and others. Stay tuned for post event reflections!!

No comments: