Monday, February 08, 2010

New Orleans saints win the 'Superbowl XLIV'


The Saints historic win in 'todays' grand final of the American football was built on a stoic but pressured defence and the risk taking options that allowed Drew Brees to take them to a 31-17 win!!

Payton Manning had Indianapolis ona familiar path with early drives that were just too strong but in the end he was intercepted and a later knocked down ball let time run away as the party on Bourbon St broke out live on satellite of course!!

I like many others thought while 'The Who' did their best at half time, it was a great stage show, some classic tunes BUt a little underwhelming!!

Yes, I follow this crazy sport... catching about 2/3 game a week on Fox and keeping up with the standings so I can watch a little more later in the 'post season'!!

The Superbowl goes in my diary asap and I had hoped to watch NY Jest this year but they fell one game short!! As an Oakland Raiders fan I rely on mild interest in a bout 5 other teams to ensure I am cheering for a competitive bunch!!
None of this can wipe the horrendous things that happened through hurricane Katrina but coimmunities do have a way of rallying around such points...

No comments: