Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"A New Kind of Christianity" Brian D McLaren


It's OUT!! Last October I broke my workshop/conference embargo [sick of hearing and talking, keen to just be doing] and went to a one dayer with Brian at Rhodes. It was inspired.

Just like his previous "Everything Must Change" he was answering questions lots of us are asking about non black and white theology... with credible researched and scholarly back up for 'living the questions'!! As a result I can't wait to get a copy of this new book and have a read!

I only ever say that about gripping biographies of sports, political or media figures with colourful history or come connection to my own story!!

I was able to share the mp3 and lyrics of a song with Brian in October that was inspired by 'Everything Must Change'... not sure I can follow that up but was embarrassed in handing it over to discover Brian was writing and posting songs on his website... I had no idea!!

Anyhow... better get to the bookshop and get reading!! I suspect the backbone of some already written Camp Talks and musings will receive a boost froma well set out story and background... with Brian having 'done the theology'!!

No comments: