Saturday, November 28, 2009

Festivities, celebrations and Sport!!


Well, it's going to be a big day today!
The girls are all away in Forster and so I start the day with putting up the outside Christmas Lights [a little early but reflecting how busy we are in coming weekends]!! Maybe there's a lawn mowing in there somewhere, then a walk or swim [gotta love this weather with 38 predicted today] I need to finally add a mark to some essays I've been reading and then probably watch the cricket for the afternoon resting up ahead of my 30 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION!
Yep, the Maitland Boys' High class of 1979 are gathering at Rutherford's Bradford Hotel [Looms Restaurant] with nearly half our group but also lots of former teachers [amazing]... I have to say it's not really my thing but 30 years seemed long enough and we were a reasonably tight bunch with some great sportsmen, thinkers and creative types in the group. I guess I'm keen to see who we've become... if little annoyed that after my healthy year last year I have gone backwards a little... anyhow!!
Then of course comes the final match of the Wallabies depressing but predictable tour of the UK with a Test debut for Kurtley Beale [albeit on the bench and potentially as a winger]... Quade Cooper was in the same schoolboy team and has shown his ability and flair this and last year... Beale has had injury and fitness issues but is a naturally gifted footballer who if he maintain recent gains could just be a significant piece of the Rugby World Cup puzzle for 2011

No comments: