Monday, May 25, 2009

Worship Reflecting on Young People

I had opportunitylast week, at our gathering of interstate coleagues in children's and youth ministry across the UCA nationally, to quickly put together a 30min worship for a spot where the tag of 'who' had fallen off the sheet!!

It went a little like this...

Pre Worship 'The Door' Flash Animation [with Alex Lloyd's 'The Wonder' looped]
See it here
Audio-visual to "Viva La Vida" Coldplay as per a previous post this year
It's a reflection on feeling invincible but then discovering we're not...

CALL TO WORSHIP
This is our worship,
This is not a concert,
Not just a film, a lecture, or a party…

You are invited to give yourself time and space
to hear God
Let’s commit ourselves to be God’s people
Here in this place and in all places

We search, we question, we celebrate, we challenge…
May God’s Spirit be evident to you
In prayer and song, reflection and conversation

Prayer "Magnificent" U2
Lyrics on screen
Chance to scribe on newsprint about call, confession, reflection

"Flickering Candle" AV from Proost
Read a piece of creative writing that you'll understand was a first draft!!

Who Am I?
Wrapped up in my own world
or keen to make a difference
loved, known, seen
or invisible
When they handed out 'resilience'
Did I get my share?

Can I ask why God would love me?
or should it be obvious to all?
Will I make it?
Can I rise above?

Questions, insights, fears
imagination,
and the will to know myself

The smile, the grimace,
the angry facebook rant
Four friends who keep me going
that I couldn't live without

Constructions, dolls and dress ups
fantasies about teeth and birds,
and monsters in the cupboard
amongst my toys at the end of the hall

Who am I? I need to know
to be asked, to be heard,
to be hugged and understood

I am a kid, a mate, a neighbour
I am the 'trouble' down the road
I know you care
I hear your voice, I see it in your eyes

I got stuck here in this last verse
There's no right word that ryhmes with 'eyes'

The point is, don't forget me
with your strange gift,
to stop and care
I'll appreciate your message
As long as you don't stare
Who Am I?

Matthew 28 :16-20

"Lost Generation" from youtube [a few posts ago courtesy Bradon]

"Speakerdogs" response about gifts, childre/youth/worship

Sending Out "Be Yourself" Melinda Schneider inspired by Enough Rope audience member

No comments: