Sunday, January 11, 2009

Post NCYC in Melbourne










The dust hasn't settled on NCYC but I find myself having farewelled various groups within our tour, including dinner with the Wollongong crowd tonight at St Kilda!! and so now I am in the home stretch!!
I decided not to go to the 'gigglefest' 20Twenty at the G and so I am looking forward to a good sleep before hitting the roasd for home...
For the record, while I find the batting entertaining I still think they ought to just put a bowling machine at one end and let rip... and I don't believe it'll be good for cricket in the long run... yet it is how I liked to bat in all forms of the game...
Perhaps while Israel bombs the tripe out of Gaza there are more important things going on in the world!!
In coming weeks we will be celebrating our work at Bible Studies and writing our material into a Resource for use by others. It was really energising and it was quite amazing to work with such a talented team who all worked hard to go with the creative style that got such great feedback from the 'punters.'

My highlights included:
Our day themes of Inverted, Ugly and the legendary Beautiful>Naked
Rah's painting
Sam/Katie's music
'Fall At Your Feet' with Jesse Attwood at Kicks DVD while Sam/Katie played live
Google Earth Prayer was very cool
Laser Grafitti was great until the video camera took a spill
[note to self about replacing that]
The feedback we received from delegates and their leaders was really positive
Having the time/resources/talents to do most of what we dreamed
Just seeing drama, music, speaking and video come together
Overcoming the limitations of the space
Laughing a lot about the 5 litres of paint we spilled on the storeroom floor

No comments: