Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Story Collection # 02 "Fragile" Sting

Just after I first heard about the worship idea of using a fold out world map and inviting people to light a tealight and place it on the map in a place needing prayer I heard Sting telling the story of his then recent album launch. Fanclub members had been invited to Italy for a webcast and backyard concert previewing the new songs!!

While people travelled the events of September 11 2001 took place in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania!! Shocked, the band had to decide what to do.... they decided musicians should play but they chose a rendition of Sting's 'Fragile', shut down the webcast aspect and played on for those gathered.

I used to tell the story as I introduced the activity and while exploring Youtube and playing catch up with a list of potential footage I came across the original webcast footage!!

Remarkable with yesterday the 6th anniversary of those events!!


No comments: