Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Snaps # 4 Bungy Jumping

OK so from time to time I will still be adding bits n pieces, stories and pics!!
Here is my bungy jumping photo [I have the video also]
This took place during a "mystery flight" weekend to Cairns and a car ride to AJ Hacketts at Kuranda!!

By world standards its only a small drop of some 67 or 70 metres over a pond!! When on the platform you look out to the horizon and see greenery and the ocean and its spectacular [just don't look down].

Its funny... I had no interest in almost any other form of adventure activity but I always wanted to do a jump!! In Sydney a model and her manager jumped to promote a set up at Birkenhead Point and they didn't hook both bungies properly.... they hit the bottom of the Narbour and whilst they didn't do serious injury they wounded NSW Bungy Jumping terminally... this was early 1990s and we still don't have any....

I wanted to do the jump then but hurt my knee playing football just before this mishap and resulting ban.... so I waited until something like the mystery trip to finally have a go...

No comments: