Monday, July 24, 2006

Coldplay



Just catching up on the fact that a few weeks ago I was able to take up a spare ticket to go along with friends Nic and Stevie to catch Chris Martin and the lads!!
I know lots of try hard and up and coming muso's who don't have much time for theis bands four chords and repetitive sound... BUT I love the themes they explore, the sounds they come up with and the energy and uniqueness of Chris Martin made it a great concert!!

Right up there with a few other shows I've seen at Sydney's Ent Cent!!

The staging was also impressive as simple ideas done well, golden yellow giant beach balls, a massive screen backdrop with various images reminiscient of their clips and mood colours and light... I was only slightly disappointed that the lights chosen for 'Speed of Sound' didn't match my image of its sprawling canvass and big themes...

Gotta love a concert where its OK... indeed better... if you sit the whole time!!
It was great!!

No comments: