Friday, November 24, 2023

The Barney Rustle Blanket

    This week I created a huge mess inside my work satchel/messenger bag! The Crumpler 'Barney Rustle Blanket' had a handful of gold foil wrapped chocolate coins I forgot about, from last Sunday, melted and disintegrated, leaving chocolate coated pens, laptop, newsletters and coins! I have had this 'lifetime guarantee' bag for more than 20 years! It's real! I have only busted some clips on it, caught in a door edge as I walked through or run over by an office chair! I have an iPad satchel one, a larger laptop bag and backpack, but the Barney Rustle has gone the long journey of mission and vocation, symbol of engaging in the neighbourhood, listening and taking stuff I need on the road!

   I emptied the bag and put it through the washing machine cycle, hung it out to dry and 'it's rarely looked better.' All the dusty dirt accumulated through use removed. A shiny red, blue and yellow bag ready for another 5+ years of active service!

No comments: