Saturday, September 02, 2017

Midnight Oil "Song a Day" #6 "Section 5 (Bus to Bondi)"



"Section 5 (Bus to Bondi)"
Push start that car tomorrow
I'll take it to the tip yard
Well I'll leave it as a metal wreck
For cats to sleep
Then I'll catch the bus to Bondi
Swim the beach and wonder
Who can wear the fashion when
The place is oh so hot
I'm just part of this play
I'm making an inroad on the one and only
I'm just part of this play
I've finally decided I'm here to stay
Then I'll stop the small talk
Then I'll stop the games
I'll show them that the plans
I've made aren't wrong, what's wrong?
Then I'll shop at New World
Fill it up with real toys
Initiate a face-lift for the captains to corrupt

Old classic Oils!! I think I've only heard this song live twice and I know one of those was at Selina's at Coogee in the 1990s when it surprised just about everyone to hear it. That's because it was 'chocolate wheel' night and a punter spun up the track and one of our number was onstage with a select group and knew the words better than all others, including Peter Garrett actually...

No comments: