Wednesday, January 11, 2017

40 Degrees Today in Newcastle

 
 I know, it's crazy, I don't love the summer heat but I do enjoy it as my fav. time of year. I always say, I wouldn't like to be laying bricks today and I know many older folk struggle with the oppressive conditions. Others in my household are not so enthusiastic!! There's also been more pollens and dust in the air the last few months and I end up with very sore eyes BUT I could wear six jumpers in winter and still not be warm, I find it depressing and tend to hibernate in some ways because of the infernal cold!!
   It is why I love January holidays as you can be in the heat from a shady vantage point, take a swim, get in the air etc etc... but I've also regularly until about 40 something played cricket in up to 38 degrees and wanted to take the challenge. It's only been recent years I drive past Bar Beach and Empire Park and wonder which side of the road I'd rather be on...
   I will enjoy the cool change mooted for this evening as much as anyone, it's part of the summer thing and who doesn't like an iced coffee during a thunderstorm?
   In the meantime I will ride my bike a little earlier today but then possibly start my garage clean ip and re-organise... I will have the chance to swim before lunch!!
   This is also the time of year I have much greater motivation to eat better and lose some of the kilos my broken knees make easy to put on... 8kg down so far, but that just means back to where I was a year ago, there's much more to do...
   So while my thoughts are with those working outdoors, the elderly and anyone who struggles with humidity... I will happily drink more water that I did yesterday [I wasn't on top of that], bring in the washing, shop, ride, check the mail and later water the gardens to see if 55 year old me is as resilient as I used to be...
 

No comments: