Sunday, November 02, 2014

An Update of Sorts

So friends, it's Sunday evening at my place and an opportunity to let folks know how I'm doing...
I had a major surgery on October 17th and a hernia repair at the same time and have now been home since Friday week... so just over 2 weeks now since that op...
   I anticipate a minimum further two weeks recovery and am still waiting for the incision to fully settle... I have no idea how this'll progress...
   I can't lift anything much and continue to rest up... the surgery should be what's needed and all my tests are good!! Next will come regular testing and check ups for future years but I dodged the biggest potential complications from this time around... It's a slow recovery and I get tired, so despite goals of reading and writing a few things, that's a 'not yet'...
   I'm doing pretty well though, from getting up to walk the day after surgery, through to now. I have caught a few movies, TV series, magazines and plenty of my usual newspapers and some awful TV alongside sundry laps from room to room and up and down our hall. I do look forward to the afternoon nap!!
   I suppose it's good I've now lost some weight over recent weeks/months as that was part of the plan... maybe just over 20kgs... but that was from a bad start and I guess another 24 or so would be great... but unlike 2008 I might just need to keep it off!! I have no idea when I will return to the swimming pool... hopefully by 1st December but I won't be rushing...
 

No comments: