Sunday, June 16, 2013

"Six"

   This is a worship experience I'm putting together for any of the next times I'm asked to provide something in an experimental, contemporary or music driven space... at some future time I'd love to collaborate with musicians to play live but it works as well with a mix of clips and album audio versions.
   The idea is not new and is about choosing six songs/pieces of music that inspire or mean something to me... and this time I'm looking to pattern a [1] beginning [2] reflection/lament [3] story [4] challenge  [5] l thinking of others [6] being sent OR something like that...

Have I chosen the songs yet... No... and yes the more the occasion demands songs of meaning to me the more likely the Oils will be there somewhere, but that'll depend on the context!!

But a shortlist includes:
'Departures [Blue Toowong Skies]' Bernard Fanning
'Don't Carry It All' The Decemberists

Some would be used as Prayer Activities, as input material, for their story, to discuss or interact with etc...

No comments: