Tuesday, May 21, 2013

ABC 1233 Local Radio Portrait Prize


   I had ideas around wearing my old jersey, sitting in the two tone blue grandstand seats where the 'Blue Room' grassed frontage used to be or .... but here's my portrait prize selfie entry and [100 words]. Sadly the camera adds 20kgs!!

   "This portrait is an old Wanderers 4th Grade rugby Captain/Coach revisiting the redeveloped No2 Sportsground almost ten years to the day since rupturing both kneecap tendons at a game in Muswellbrook.
I enjoyed 25 years of winter afternoons here across nearly 300 games but since giving it away and taking a break from coaching, I still miss it every weekend. My knees allow me to walk but I was devastated not to finish on my terms and there's a tinge of sadness standing here thinking back to the old 'Blue Room' and scoreboard hill at the opposite end."

No comments: