Tuesday, October 02, 2012

A Lots Been Happening in September

 Ok so not entirely sure why I wrote and saved the following blog entry the other day BUT here goes...
  I've been quiet on blogging as family and vocation have taken up a busy time this month...
I've also been working on my monthly Dynamo email as an annual edition that's taken plenty of time but will be emailed out tonight!!

September has been a busy time:
- the VMAs highlighted Psy's Gangnam Style
- Bernard Tomic tanked at the US Open Tennis
- 'Trolls' hit the news, not just their twitter accounts
- another 9/11 went by
- Kate Windsor nee Middleton became even more popular
- several serious car or bus accidents cost lives
- Quade Cooper played his last game for the Wallabies
- US Presidential hopefuls came [and perhaps went]
- ABC Melbourne staffer Jill Meagher sadly lost her life
To name just a few...

   I'm getting back into catching up with people who need support, ideas, encouragement and challenge!! There are some important threads to draw together in what's left of 2012 and it's also been a sad and tough time!!
   I read lots of the quotable quotes, platitudes, cliches and frankly 'crap' people write all over Facebook and other places. I'm aware of the struggles, mishaps and issues faced by lots of people alongside some outstandingly celebratory moments for others!!
But if some of what I read is our best effort to understand the mystical, the creator and the spirit amongst and within us, no wonder we are in trouble!!!!
   It reminds me of the wisdom of reflection, listening and taking pause... it reminds me to think of 'others' and to take ideas to their sometimes logical or illogical conclusions and it helps me know that the search for meaning in the middle of all this is a journey accompanied [not manipulated] by God and truly explored in all dimensions by a the son of a tradie in the middle/near East over 2000 years ago...
   Who is Jesus Christ in our lives and all it's happenings? How can I best tell that story? How do I best allow others their story, though we often cannot share the same path... especially a 'path of least resistence' Hmmnn... might save this post and let it sit for a day!!
 

 

No comments: