Saturday, July 03, 2010

Just a Small Writing Project

Time to 'bite the bullet' and start a "small" writing project I've had in mind since doing some study in 'missiology for local leaders'!! While my '101 Things I Wish I'd Known...' project is also sitting there I have decided to try to do something I reckon we need BUT is not my first thought when I think about work to do or a way forward.... here's the working only title of my little project and a few headings...

"Identity, Meaning, Belonging and Faith Shaping:
Towards a Theology of Ministry with Young People through the Uniting Church in Australia"

Foundational [though I have questions about how that should be something more like 'Liquid']
Relational
Incarnational
Contextual
Missional

I have resisted starting before because I believe there would be multiple 'theologies' so I wonder whether a 'symposium' might not be a way to stimulate some responses which could become a book and at the same time assist in creating some ownership of one or more central ideas leading to some ethos development and ways forward for a church struggling to overcome models of ministry with young people superbly suited to the 1950s and 1960s...

You might like to send me a page or offer to write a paper or simply comment and maybe point me towards good writing from our context or anywhere?


No comments: